Sunday 27 May 2007

Auntie Aoife - eeek!!!

Sitting in an internet cafe one morning (yes, I do get withdrawal symptoms sometimes) I opened an email from Máire, which kicked off in bright pink huge font ´You´re going to be an Aunty´. Yup, I was pretty blown away. So thrilled and delighted for both Máire & Victor, but twinged with a little sadness that my big sis is going to glow through a pregnancy and I won´t be around for any of it. So another bloody O´Mahony November birthday, as if the month wasn´t expensive enough anyway, cheers Maur!!

There are times like that when it´s a little strange to be on the road and completely dependent on one person for your entire social interaction. Dave & I are both suffering a little traveller´s fatigue so that day was a little strange to be so far away from my family.

I guess the creation of a new life makes you think of the cycle of life and inevitably those who have left it, so Timmy is never far from my thoughts. This trip has certainly opened up thoughts and chambers in my head that were firmly shut for the last couple of years. I have no doubt it´s cathartic, but completely disorienting at times to go through that so far away from everything.

Anyway, that´s my kimono opening done for this broadcast...

No comments: